Free Sample TOEFL Essays
Learning to write well is a skill, like any other. This skill is important not only on your TOEFL exam, but also in your academic and professional career. The TOEFL Writing section consists of two parts:
- Integrated Writing, which includes reading, listening and then writing a summary/ comparison piece of 250 word in 20 minutes
- Independent Writing, which involves writing a four to five-paragraph essay of 300-350 words in 30 minutes
The following free sample TOEFL essays illustrate how to get a high score on the independent writing section of the iBT. By reading through the essays, you can learn how to:
- develop any topic into a well-organized, logical answer
- use synonyms to paraphrase the question
- use a variety of sentence structures & grammatical forms
- begin with a simple, strong introduction
- create body paragraphs that flow logically
- develop unity by linking the body paragraphs
- end with a memorable conclusion
Try to write an essay each day. The added practice will enable you to complete a strong essay, with ease, confidence, and speed, on the day of your TOEFL exam and throughout your life.
- Free Sample TOEFL Essay #1
"Doing Unenjoyable Things"
- Free Sample TOEFL Essay #2
"Money & Success"
- Free Sample TOEFL Essay #3
- Free Sample TOEFL Essay #4
"Family or Friends More Important?"
- Free Sample TOEFL Essay #5
"Virtual or Real University"
- Free Sample TOEFL Essay #6
"Children & Formal Education"
- Free Sample TOEFL Essay #7
"Household Tasks for Children"